Provide support for students with Additional Educational Needs (AEN) and, where appropriate, contribute to the day-to-day running of the Academy.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
07 Dec 2022
13 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To contribute to the provision for students with AEN.
- To contribute to the raising of the achievement of AEN students and support them in making expected or better progress.
- To contribute to the promotion of the well-being of AEN students within the Academy.
- To promote and safeguard the welfare of children you teach or come into contact with.
- Strategic Development and Academy Development.
- Responsible, as a member of staff, for promoting and developing a positive culture and to ensure that diversity within the Academy community is recognised and respected.
- Contribute to the development of the Academy’s vision, values and aims and to abide by agreed professional behaviours and attitudes.
- Assist with and implement, under the guidance of appropriate professional staff, individual support for identified students, including those with EHCPs.
- Be the key worker for a group of identified students meeting regularly with the students to help resolve issues that are preventing them from learning and keeping parents and careers
up to date.
- Contribute to the creation and review of Student Profiles, EHCPs, Behaviour Plans, etc.
- Support teachers with planning, delivery and evaluation of differentiated and varied teaching activities.
- Contribute towards resourcing learning areas by making and adapting resources as necessary for identified students.
- Work with small groups of students when this is part of the overall strategy for meeting the needs of the individual student.
- Work with individual students, or groups of students, on specified literacy and numeracy support programmes.
- Observe student performance and liaise with subject teachers on effective support strategies.
- Keep records for the students you support.
- Liaise with teachers and other professional staff for planning, review, monitoring purposes.
- Assist with the review of Profiles and EHCP annual reviews, under the direction of the SENCo.
- Support students with Access Arrangements in Academy and public examinations tests as required.
- Contribute to Academic Review days as required.
- Assist with the movement of students around the building to keep them safe.
- Work with individual and groups of students to encourage them to achieve greater independence and self-confidence.
- Assist with lunchtime clubs in the Inclusion area.
- Look after children who are upset.
- Help with escorting students on educational visits and participate in extra-curricular activities as required.
- Develop positive partnerships with parents and carers.
- Attend training including the Academy’s Training Days.
- Attend staff and team meetings and staff training.
- Carry out routine administrative tasks when needed.
- Participate in the Academy’s Performance Management process.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship training will take place in house while you are at the workplace. We book once a month training session with your allocated tutor. This will be on a platform called Smart Assessor. Here your tutor will go through the modules and units of your course.
We also have 6-8 weeks monthly review plans, this will be with yourself, line manager and tutor.
The training you will be undertaking is Teaching Assistant Level 3.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We are looking for someone who would like to gain experience and if you have been a super star throughout the apprenticeship course, then we will be looking at long term employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.