Help Desk Service & Support Apprentice (Zinc Digital) Zinc Digital
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Level 3 IT Helpdesk Apprentice with Zinc Digital, a Digital Marketing company based in Northampton.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
£16,000 - £18,000 DOE
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
12 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Joining our team with an enthusiastic approach to digital technology and content management systems (CMS) we are looking for a competent Helpdesk technician to provide fast and useful technical assistance. You will answer queries on basic technical issues and offer advice to solve them, advancing through a planned NVQ 3 with study and exam requirements, over a period of approximately 13 months you will gain knowledge and experience to help launch your career in Digital IT helpdesk.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Serving as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Performing remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determining the best solution based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Analysing of tickets to distinguish priority and action them appropriately in accordance with protocol.
- Carrying out monthly reporting on critical data.
- Supporting internal team with any requests and assist where possible.
- Manage database, server, and security infrastructure.
- Take instruction and management from the Zinc team.
- Take instruction and implement knowledge into the working practices following the NVQ training.
- Serve as the first point of contact for customers seeking technical assistance over the phone or email.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine best solutions based on the issue and details provided by customers.
- Walk the customer through the problem-solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of support personnel.
- Provide accurate information on IT products or services.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in logs.
- Follow-up and update customer status and information.
- Pass on any feedback or suggestions by customers to the appropriate internal team.
- Over time, identify and suggest possible improvements to procedures.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components.
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance.
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards.
- Support the information systems needs for your business.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.