Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship THE DIOCESE OF COVENTRY MULTI-ACADEMY TRUST
Harris C of E Academy is looking to appoint an inspirational Teaching Assistant Apprentice who is committed to further developing the distinctive Christian character of the educational provision and the school community. You do not need previous experience to apply, but you do need a desire to learn.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
12 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include:
- Support students’ learning in a range of settings, including working with individuals and groups
- Establish productive working relationships with students, acting as a role model and setting high expectations
- Support the annual review process for students with a statement of special educational needs
- Assist in monitoring and evaluating the progress of students in a specific year group
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all students within the classroom, encourage them to interact and work co-operatively with others and engage all in activities
- Support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs
- Assist in providing feedback to students in relation to progress and achievement
- Under agreed system of supervision, help to plan and deliver targeted intervention provision for priority groups / individuals
- Support the role of parents in students’ learning and contribute to meetings with parents to constructively provide feedback on student progress/ achievement
- Assist in administering and assessing/ marking tests and invigilating exams/ tests
- Support on appropriate deployment and use of specialist aids/ resources/ equipment
- Establish constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies/ professionals to support achievement and progress of students, in liaison with the teacher
- Assist in ensuring that coaching sessions abide by the agreed Codes of Conduct and the HCC Safety in Schools guidelines
- Support whole school events and Summer Schools
- Support homework clubs and after school activities
- Support the rollout implementation of literacy and numeracy activities
In return we can offer:
- A support network of professional colleagues
- A strong culture of professional development
- The opportunity to be part of an aspirational organisation and contribute to its development and growth plans
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Teaching Assistant Level 3.
Functional skills if required.
Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard.
Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary.
Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, British Values and Equality & Diversity is embedded throughout the course.
This will be a blended delivery a mixture of Microsoft Teams and face to face. All training will take place on site and and within your working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential progresion into a Teaching Assistant full time role within the Trust if there is a vacancy.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.