Hyundai Parts and Service Advisor Apprentice Marshall Hyundai Canterbury
At Hyundai, you’ll be working within a fast-paced, challenging, environment, where you’ll be encouraged to push boundaries and challenge convention. As a global automotive manufacturer, and one of the fastest growing, you’ll have the opportunity to work within an international business environment and grow with the company.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
15 Jan 2023
11 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Hyundai Apprenticeship Programme is designed to train and develop you in a way that enables you to learn the core elements of your job role using advancing technology as well as fostering an exceptional level of customer service.
This is an exciting role with first-class training and outstanding long-term career prospects. The comprehensive programme provides you with an exciting and challenging opportunity to achieve formal qualifications through extensive product training as well as building up confidence and gaining valuable work experience whilst undertaking the role.
Duties will include:
- Ordering car parts using on-line systems
- Chasing up missing or incorrect parts with suppliers
- Packaging and returning any unused/unwanted parts
- Regular communication with mechanics
- Liaising with customers to let them know when parts have arrived
- Inbound and outbound telephone calls
- Advice and guidance of products
- Drive the department forward with external sales and to maximise sales at every opportunity
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times and remain courteous and police to customers
- Acting as the first point of contact for all customers entering the dealership and ensuring they receive the best customer service experience
- Upselling and cross-selling additional products and services
- Booking in cars for MOT's and service
- Liaising with workshop vehicle technicians for updates with vehicle repair timescales
- Liaising with customers in a professional, polite and courteous manner both face to face and via the telephone
- Working to a high level of customer service at all times
- General ad hoc duties as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Customer Service Practitioner Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- You will be required to attend the Hyundai Academy Training Centre in Nottingham for your 'Block Release' Training. This will involve 4 separates 1 week blocks of training per 12 months of your Apprenticeship
- This is funded as part of your apprenticeship and will include hotel stay, subsistence and travel. Over a two year period they will gain a nationally recognised qualification Level 2 Customer service Practitioner (ST0072/AP02) progressing onto a Level 3 Customer Specialist (ST0071/AP01) and become accredited as a Parts Advisor or a Customer Service Advisor
- A dedicated pathway containing specialist training for Parts Advisor or Service Advisor will run alongside the Standard to ensure they gain full knowledge of their specialist area at the appropriate level
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
On completion of the apprenticeship the average salary of a parts and service advisor is anywhere between 22k-28k.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.