Early Years Educator Apprenticeship 1ST CHOICE DAY NURSERY
We are recruiting a motivated, enthusiastic and ambitious apprentice to join us. You will be based at one of our London nurseries and receive excellent training and support from our dedicated team.
Closing date: 28 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
12 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be a co-key person in maintaining children's learning journeys if appropriate.
- To support the maintenance of objective, accurate and up-to-date records which identify children’s individual needs, abilities and progress and use these as a basis for future planning.
- To support the planning and organizing of activities and experiences which will support and extend the children’s learning.
- To maintain a basic up to date knowledge of child development and the early years curriculum.
- To support the nursery staff in working in partnership with parents, both formally and informally.
- To communicate and engage with children to support their speech and language development using different methods i.e., Makaton, Pecs.
- To communicate effectively with members of the Nursery Team.
- To welcome parents to the nursery in a cheerful and friendly manner.
- Child Protection, Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of the Child.
- To be alert to issues of safeguarding and child protection, ensuring that the welfare and safety of children attending the nursery is promoted and safeguarded and to report any child protect concerns to the person in charge.
- To support the management of children’s behaviour and routines in line with policies and guidelines.
- To undertake specific tasks related to the safety and hygiene of the children and the cleanliness of the nursery, maintaining a cleaning routine under the direction of the Nursery Leadership Team.
- To work within Equal Opportunities Policy and contribute to maintaining an inclusive environment.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard. All learning will be done remotely.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible full time employment upon completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.