Nifco are seeking a hardworking, reliable Polymer Technician apprentice to join their team. The successful candidate will gain a Level 3 Engineering Technician apprenticeship.
Closing date: 07 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Dec 2022
15 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a technical service to support the ongoing needs of the manufacturing department within Nifco UK Limited. The main purpose of the role being to undertake the technical work necessary to operate a world class manufacturing department.
- Ensure all manufacturing equipment is set-up to produce an efficient and capable process
- Carry out the necessary improvement work in order to obtain an OEE target of 85% on all equipment
- Assist the team leader to maximise machine utilisation, production efficiency, and product quality i.e. to optimise cycle times, process conditions and to fully utilise regrinded/raw materials with the aim of increasing OEE performances and efficiencies
- Support manufacturing staff to investigate technical innovations, such as automation, in order to minimise cost
- Understand and ensure adherence to company/section policies and procedures, and ensure all necessary documentation is completed
- Liaise with other departments to improve tool and machine maintenance, in order to minimise breakdowns and ensure maximum safety
- Maximise raw material utilisation by the reduction of rejects and the use of regrind/recycled material
- Demonstrate a commitment to self-development by undertaking internal and external training
- Escalate problems to the Team Leader and Technician Leader/Technician specialist
- Demonstrate at all times ‘the Nifco spirit’ and encourage all other staff to do so
- Understand the principles of kaizen and actively participate in Kaizen activity
- Understand and work to, the principles of 5S at all times
- Be aware of the health and safety policy of Nifco UK Limited, and actively participate in good health and safety practice at all times.
- Carry out any reasonable request from your line manager with a positive attitude and to the best of your ability
- Carry out tool changes effectively based on the relevant production plan
- Demonstrate flexibility by carrying out the duties of a technician regardless of the section you are asked to support
- Work with other members of staff to investigate problems and identify root causes. Then to support the implementation of solutions to prevent reoccurrences
- Provide technical support to the manufacturing and engineering departments with regard to new product introduction. Carry out product/process development as necessary
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Day release at college/training provider
- On and off the job training
- Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship ST0457
- An employer approved Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- An employer approved Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
NIFCO UK LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.