NVQ Level 3 Child Care Apprenticeship ROOTS AND SHOOTS DAY NURSERY LIMITED
A chance to gain valuable skills while working in a nursery setting as well as learn about Childcare related topics in a classroom setting. This will include gaining your Level 3 Paediatric First Aid.
Closing date: 02 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
08 Feb 2023
06 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are always adhered to
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access, and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack, and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 - Advanced Diploma Early Years Educator - Your apprenticeship will last for 13 months. You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship, as well as a mentor within the nursery. Apprentices must successfully complete a first aid qualification in line with the requirements of the EYFS Framework during the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Developing into a Level 3 practitioner, with the potential of a permanent position upon successful completion. Other prospects could include applying for:
- Room leader positions
- Possible management training
- Springboard into primary education
- Paediatric nursing
- Continuous development in current nursery setting
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ROOTS AND SHOOTS DAY NURSERY LIMITED
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.