A fantastic opportunity at Precious Dental Care, who are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team. If you are an enthusiastic individual who would like to develop a career in Dental Nursing then apply now.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
06 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You may also help with reception work - making appointments, taking payments, dealing with paperwork and meeting and reassuring patients.
Your tasks will include:
- Providing chair side assistance to the dentist
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients
- Preparing and maintaining the clinical environment
- Sterilisation of instruments
- Mixing materials
- Charting on the computer
- Complying with strict cross infection procedures
- Developing digital x-rays
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials are within the surgery
- Carrying out some reception and administrative tasks
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom-based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
• Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
• Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as a Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Precious Dental Care
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.