Copley Dental Care are looking to recruit a highly motivated Apprentice Dental Nurse to join their team! If you are a highly motivated individual who would like to develop a career in dental, then apply now!
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
05 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will assist the Practice Manager in the Surgery.
Here are just some jobs that you will you be asked to do regularly on a day-day basis:
- To welcome patients/clients and visitors in a friendly and supportive manner
- To communicate effectively with clinicians to provide high quality, patient focused care
- To communicate appropriately and sensitively with patients who may be fearful, vulnerable, have sensitive concerns, are aggressive or have special needs
- To prepare and maintain the dental surgery to enable the delivery of patient treatment
- To provide chairside assistance to the senior dentists
- To provide and receive patient information which is complex and sensitive ensuring patient confidentiality is not compromised
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
This course is delivered using a blended delivery model, an apprentice will spend 2 days per month at Bradford College undertaking classroom based learning in addition to regular workplace assessments.
Upon successful completion of this apprenticeship, the apprentice will be awarded the following:
- Level 3 Extended Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are a range of post registration courses available for dental nurses looking to further their education. They may include a range of higher education qualifications or other work-related education and training to support continuing profession development such as Certificate in Dental Sedation Nursing, Certificate in Oral Health Education etc.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9 - 4 (A* - C)) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Copley Dental Care
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.