Midtherm are looking for a apprentice to produce sheet metal products as required by the company, to a consistent quality, in an efficient manner and to our ISO 9001 quality system requirements.
Closing date: 05 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
06 Jan 2023
05 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The duties of the role are all subject to training and development during the apprenticeship programme.
1. Produce sheet metal products as required by the company (which may include non-standard items to drawings and specifications as supplied) to a consistent quality, in an efficient manner whilst meeting the requirements of the ISO 9001 quality system and maintaining
safe operations by adhering to safety procedures and regulations
2. Perform CNC programming for all production machinery, which may include transfer product design criteria into machine requirements, transfer engineering drawings and CAD files as required
3. Maintains equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; adjusting and reprogramming
controls as required calling for repairs, etc
4. Accurately complete and maintain associated paperwork as required, eg production, H & S, quality and other documentation
5. Positively participate in training to ensure competence in processes as required by the company.
6. Notify Supervisor of any fall in stock levels of materials so that supplies can be re-ordered, without disruption of production.
7. Accurately complete any paperwork necessary including keep records, paperwork with work sheet. This should be sufficient to answer queries at a later date or to manufacture same item again in the future.
8. Only use welding equipment for which you are trained and competent to use (external training and certification would be supported as required/relevant).
9. Promote and maintain good standards of housekeeping within own and team working areas.
10. To carry out all duties in line with company procedures, health and safety requirements, etc.
1. To bring to the attention of the Quality Inspector any product which is not to standard, whether own production or bought in goods.
2. To carry out “In Process Inspection” on own work during manufacture and check your own work for quality, quantity and specification before asking the Quality Inspector to carry out “Final Inspection”.
3. As requirement, ensure work is checked for “Final Inspection” before completing the task.
Ensure that product is correctly identified throughout processes and use the appropriate forms to comply with our ISO 9002 quality system, e.g.: -
Non-conforming product reports
In process failure forms
Health and Safety
1. To comply with the company’s health and safety and fire policies and procedures.
2. To only use machinery for which instruction has been given.
3. To wear appropriate PPE as and when required and support accident prevention measures such as ensuring machine guards are in place, etc.
4. To advise the Health and Safety Representatives of anything that could potentially cause an accident either on its own or in conjunction with some other incident and to ask if there is anything that you are unsure of.
5. To be aware that the factory can be a dangerous place and to be mindful of own safety and that of colleagues whilst in the factory e.g. do not distract colleagues working on machinery.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprentice Standard
Functional Skills Level 2 in English and maths (if required)
20% off the job training
Training will be on-going throughout Apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible employment with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
STAFF SELECT LTD
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.