This professional software solutions business in the Crewe area is looking to recruit an IT Technical Support Apprentice to work in their friendly team. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to start a career in this friendly environment.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
03 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties will include:
- Providing 1st line technical support to our customers via telephone, email and remote access/control
- Logging customer issues in our trouble ticketing software
- Identifying solutions for our customers' internet/email/hosting problems and escalating as required
- Documenting customer issues with solutions and logging in our knowledge base System
- Maintaining the knowledge base for internal processes
- Supporting employees with desktop hardware/software issues and escalating as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Digital Support Technician Apprenticeship Standard which includes:
- The basic working practices for productive use and maintenance of business hardware, software and networks
- Modern digital infrastructure, including computer systems fundamentals & the internet of things
- The importance of, and the technologies for, backing up data securely
- The secure handling of data
- The organisational importance of information security and its management
· the major types of threats and risk that apply to any organisation
· agile methodologies and work practices
· operational aspects of risk including maintaining steady state/business as usual
· security principals for individuals and systems
· responsibilities and requirements in relation to legislation, professional ethics, privacy and confidentiality
· the principles behind an organisation’s digital presence and how to represent and safeguard the brand
· using the different digital communication channels and how to adapt appropriately to different audiences
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You may also have the opportunity to train as part of our infrastructure team to assist with the support and maintenance of the systems used by our finance and software teams
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
ESCALLA TS LTD
Digital support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.