Apprentice Pre-School Assistant at King Ina C of E Academy King Ina C of E Academy
If you are looking to begin your career working with children, then King Ina Pre-school have an amazing opportunity to become part of our team. You will learn all aspects of a Practitioners role, work alongside qualified and experienced staff who will support you all the way through your apprenticeship.
Closing date: today
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
30 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will:
- Ensure that all children attending the setting are kept safe and receive rich and stimulating play experiences appropriate to their age and stage of development.
- Assist with the care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs.
- Play a part in their education, health and wellbeing and be able to build and maintain close working relationships with parents and colleagues.
- Inspire, plan and create learning activities for children under the EYFS curriculum including outdoor activities.
- Observe and keep an up-to-date record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers, including learning logs and personal profiles.
- Respect the confidentiality of information received
- Support all staff and actively engage as a positive member of the team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Diploma: Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce
- Standard: Early Years Educator
- Functional Skills in Maths and English if required
- Work towards a first aid certificate
The programme will consist of face to face tutor led knowledge sessions, at Taunton or Ilminster once per fortnight. A minimum of six hours independent study needs to take place at a venue to be agreed with the employer on the alternate week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the apprenticeship can lead to progression onto the Early Years Foundation Degree and may lead to employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
King Ina C of E Academy
SOMERSET COUNTY COUNCIL
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.