Working with the group accounts assistant to be responsible for processing invoices, preparation of payments, bank reconciliation, liaison with 3rd parties.
Closing date: 17 Feb 2023
If applying for a Level 3 AAT role the employer will review the starting salary.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Mar 2023
04 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
AAT Accounts Apprentice
£14,000.00 a year
Morris Crocker is a long established and independent firm of chartered accountants based near Portsmouth. For over a century the firm has been an integral part of the community, serving the accountancy need of businesses and individuals in the Portsmouth area. Today we cover not just Portsmouth city, but counties including West Sussex, Surrey, Dorset, London, Berkshire and Hampshire extending to the Isle of Wight.
- Assisting in the preparation of financial statements and reports
- Assisting in the completion of various accounts and tax forms
- Preparing simple accounting statements and expense claims
- Provide support to the accounts department
- Provide support to payroll and outsourcing department
- Providing administrative work and assistance as needed by colleagues or managers.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprenticeship will need you to attend classes at college one day a week for the length of a full college day, which you need to commit to. Time spent training will come under the working hours per week.
Apprentices are independently assessed at the end of their programme to achieve the Assistant Accountant Apprenticeship at a Pass or Distinction grade.
- Synoptic Test (3 Hours on a College PC – 40%) Covering: IT Systems/Processes, Standards, Reporting, Analysis, Comms, Problem Solving, Quality and Accountability within a Financial Accounting Environment
- A portfolio and reflective discussion (60%) showing evidence of knowledge, skills and behaviours while within the workplace had met required standards.
- Standard Level 2 AAT Exams after each individual unit.
AAT Foundation certificate in Accounting (Level 2)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Morris Crocker would like to provide a full time role and future opportunities to train and progress in the business, this is provided you meet the needs of the business as an employee and successfully complete your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH COLLEGE
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.