Marketing Executive Support Apprentice The Civil Engineering Contractors Association North East Ltd - CECA
This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to quickly become an integral member of a small team delivering important services to a large customer base. As such, the responsibilities of the role can be flexible and can easily be expanded and developed to include responsibility for managing and delivering new projects.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Salary is reviewed on a quarterly basis.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
29 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Management of the company website including News, Events and other relevant content
- Assist in developing a social media strategy with Director and Office Manager
- Design and development of digital Newsletter
- Design and development of other digital content including video, infographic and digital brochures
- Monitoring and reporting web /social media statistics
- Proof reading external communications and production of press releases
- Assist in the planning, administration and marketing of online events and face-to-face events
- General office support as and when required which may include: dealing with Internal and External Customers, attending meetings, note taking, report writing and creating action logs
- Working closely with other relevant industry Stakeholders including correspondence by email, telephone, video-conference and face-to-face meetings as required
- Working as part of Project Teams and responsible for elements of Project Management including scoping, planning, monitoring and reporting outcomes
- Answering the telephone
- All other duties relevant to the development of the organisation as directed related to Marketing, Advertising, Public Relations, Media and Social Media, Research and Sales / Direct Marketing
- Daily use of CRM system (Hubspot)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Business Administrator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Delivered within the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This role provides an opportunity for the right candidate to quickly become an integral member of a small team delivering important services to a large customer base. As such, the responsibilities of the role can be flexible and can easily be expanded and developed to include responsibility for managing and delivering new projects
- The successful candidate can look forward to working with considerable autonomy and flexibility once a clear understanding of the role has been demonstrated
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.