This is a great opportunity for somebody wanting to gain a qualification in Engineering and pursue a career in the profession. You will be working with an experienced workforce with expert knowledge in machining using a wide range of materials.
Closing date: 06 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
28 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- CNC Machining
- Use measuring equipment micrometers etc.
- Conventional machining - milling / turning
- Reading and understanding engineering drawings
- Keeping work area cleabn and tidy
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- On successful completion of the apprenticeship you will be awarded a Level 2 Diploma in Engineering Operative.
- The training will be predominatly on site at Downhurst Engineering, located in Pershore.
- You will attend college at Bromsgrove for one day a week to gain the theory side of the diploma.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
On successful completion of the apprenticeship, you will be employed as a full time memebr of staff. With further training, you could become an engineering craftsperson or technician in your particular industry. You could also specialise, for example in CNC machining, welding or heavy vehicle mechanics.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Essential
About the employer
HEART OF WORCESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
01527 578 684
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.