Early Years Apprentice The Woodshed Forest School Nursery
We are looking to recruit a new member to our team to work outside – whatever the weather. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to help shape and have a positive impact, not only our nursery but also you as an individual.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
28 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Be a lover of the outdoors willing to get muddy and wet
- Provide the children with a safe, secure environment
- Operate a key person system and liaise with parents, carers, and senior staff
- Work as part of a highly motivated and professional team
- Support pupils to participate in forest nursery activities that enhance their learning
- Assessment, monitoring and evaluation of pupil progress
- Administration and management of resources
- Promote the health & safety of staff and pupils participating in Forest Nursery’s activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices will study day release at John Ruskin College.
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, candidates will gain an Early Years Educator Level 3 apprenticeship qualification.
Candidates will also be required to complete a mandatory first aid qualification.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The potential of a permanent role on completion of qualification
- The chance to specialise and undertake the forest school leader qualification
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
EAST SURREY COLLEGE
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.