Level 3 Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Sherwood Late Night Pharmacy
Sherwood Late Night Pharmacy, based on Mansfield Road, Sherwood, are offering a hard-working and enthusiastic candidate an opportunity to start their career in the pharmaceutical health science sector as an Apprentice Pharmacy Technician.
Closing date: 30 Nov 2022
For those aged 19+ you can only be paid an apprenticeship wage for the first 12 months of employment. Even though you will still be on your apprenticeship and having paid time to study, the employer has to pay the regular minimum wage prevailing.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
27 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main duties that you will be fully trained to do include:
- Assist in the sale of over the counter medicines
- Complete prescription receipt and collection
- Ordering, receiving and storing pharmaceutical stock
- Liaising with customers in all areas of sales, including specialised products providing a highly personalised approach
- Managing stock levels, replenishing and cleaning sales areas
- Receive and store incoming supplies, verify quantities against orders and inform supervisor of stock needs and shortages
- Assisting future sales and maximum profits, by the analysing of seasonal trends and product selection
- Processing payments of various kinds, using the till, including handling of credit/debit cards, cheques and accounts
- Assisting in the reconciliation of the till at the end of each shift/or following day if requested to do so by the manager
- Ensuring standards for quality, customer service and health and safety are met
- Maintaining awareness of market trends and advertising, updating sales display areas
- Dealing with sales as and when required, serve customers showing high standards of customer care at all times, providing a helpful and friendly service, in order to maximise sales
- To utilise specialist product knowledge when required
- To maintain a clean and tidy working environment
- To complete compulsory training as required
- To carry out other duties which naturally fall within the reasonable expectations of the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Pharmacy Technician Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
Pearson BTEC Level 3 Diploma in the Principles and Practice for Pharmacy Technicians.
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to above link for more information.
This apprenticeship requires 1 day per week for 2 years at college at Nottingham City Hub. The next cday release cohort to start is planned to start college February/March 2023 but the employer may want to interview and start employment in the next few weeks/months.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential of ongoing employment as a qualified Pharmacy Technician at the end of the apprenticeship dependent upon performance.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Sherwood Late Night Pharmacy
Nottingham College Apprenticeship Team
Pharmacy technician (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.