Bus and coach engineering technician apprenticeship Diamond Bus North West
At Diamond Bus (Rotala PLC), we are looking for a 'can-do', enthusiastic and motivated individual who works well as a team player, who can get the job done, working with the support of experienced colleagues, to help service and repair our large and varied fleet of 250 vehicles at our engineering workshop at Diamond Bus North West - Eccles Depot.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
03 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Daily duties may include but are not limited to:
- Carrying out routine maintenance and repairs on a variety of vehicle types
- Diagnosing and rectifying all types of vehicle faults, using diagnostic equipment MOT preparation
- Repair all vehicles as required to company and DVSA standards
- Maintain and complete vehicle and company documentation
- Liaising with the parts department to attain correct parts
- Ensuring health & safety regulations and safe working practices are adhered to
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Bus and Coach Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
This will be delivered through a mix of face-to-face learning, remote reviews, online assessments, self-study, practical skills training and one to one coaching facilitated at our training facility at The Manchester College, Wythenshawe (off-the-job).
1 week block release.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion and passing your apprenticeship, you will have to opportunity to move in to a permanent role, further develop your skills and progress.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Diamond Bus North West
186 Old Wellington Road
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Bus and coach engineering technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.