Level 3 IT Apprenticeship CAMBRIDGE MERIDIAN ACADEMIES TRUST
The apprentices’ duties will to be the 1st line IT support issues and assisting their staff and students with IT issues. You will also work across other schools supported by the Trust when needed providing a professional, customer focused service and support.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2022
Weekly Wage: £205.54
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
31 Dec 2022
27 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To learn from your IT colleagues and developing your IT skills in line with your apprenticeship program.
- Receive training from your apprenticeship provider, undertake apprenticeship coursework and other work required by your apprenticeship provider.
- Provide 1st line IT support to staff & students at your group of academy sites.
- Provide IT support to users and customers contacting our helpdesk.
- Ensure all jobs are logged within the Helpdesk and to provide remote support to telephone users.
- Ensure that the IT equipment is fully functioning and perform regular maintenance on IT equipment as directed. Setting up new machines, swapping faulty devices, carry out fault-finding, repair equipment where possible and organise external repairs where necessary.
- Escalate IT support issues to an appropriate colleague.
- Help to ensure the smooth running of all computer equipment within the Trust and responding to urgent IT issues.
- Assist in supporting the school audio visual systems and solving projector, interactive televisions and whiteboard issues, including all school events such as open and parent evenings.
- Support project roll-out across the Trust and customers supported by the Trust.
- Travel to our partner schools for IT patch visits and to assist our other Academy teams where required. (Own transport not essential).
- Ensuring that systems and software are implemented in line with the Trust’s IT policy and be aware of and advise your line manager on all Health and Safety matters relating to IT.
Any other duties commensurate with the post, as agreed with the Trust’s IT Director.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
About the Training:
Over the course of 18 months, you will learn a broad range of skills that will assist you on your chosen career path. Topics of learning could include providing technical support, managing access and resources, managing users’ expectations and understanding installation and maintenance (these subjects may differ). Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 certification. You will also be able to receive professional RITTech recognition, as well as sitting some industry-recognised qualifications such as Microsoft and CompTIA.
If you do not hold GCSE Maths & English (or equivalent), these will be delivered alongside the apprenticeship programme.
As part of the apprenticeship, alongside your job role, 20% of your time in work must be dedicated to developing new skills. This can be any time devoted to learning and improving new skills without interruption
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship programme, you will achieve a Level 3 certification. You will also be able to receive professional RITTech recognition, as well as sitting some industry-recognised qualifications such as Microsoft and CompTIA.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CAMBRIDGE MERIDIAN ACADEMIES TRUST
IMPACT FUTURES TRAINING LIMITED
IT solutions technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.