Business Administration Apprentice STANLEY BURNSIDE PRIMARY SCHOOL
Stanley Burnside Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and keen individual to join the school Admin Team as a Business Admin Apprentice. The school will provide a friendly and collaborative environment to help you to thrive, and support you in achievement of your apprenticeship.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
27 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsible for providing general clerical support including:
- Photocopying, typing, word processing and the sorting, distribution and despatch of school mail, to all levels of teaching and administrative staff as required
- Answering the telephone and the main front doors as well as other general reception duties
- Use of Word Processing, Excel and other Office Programmes.
- Provide support and cover for school office
- Provide information relating to attendance of pupils and staff upon request by other members of staff
- Assist in the maintenance of computer-based records using SIMS to ensure that these are all kept current and up to date
- Assist in the preparation and collation of school reports to ensure these are delivered to pupils on time and in professional manner
- Assist in the co-ordination of whole school documentation e.g. governor’s reports, staff handbook, etc.
- Assist in the maintenance of stock registers for the school and arrange annual stock checks
- Inform parents/carers of pupils reported ill whilst on school premises
- To attend any training courses relevant to the post, ensuring continuing, personal and professional development
- Role requires working with a team with communication skills as an essential part
- Be able to deal with queries from staff, pupils, parents and visitors
- Gather information, analyse and use judgement
- Manage conflicting demands
- Be able to deal with frequent interruptions
- Plan and prioritise your workload
- Present oneself as a role model to pupils in speech, dress, behaviour and attitude
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard for Business Administrator
- Delivered within the workplace
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- On completion of the Qualification there may be to opportunity for full time employment, but not guaranteed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.