Apprentice Surveyor required to join our growing surveying and engineering consultancy based in the Wirral. You will learn how to use surveying equipment, including total stations, GPS and 3D laser scanners. Working as part of a team you will gain knowledge and develop your surveying skills.
Closing date: 09 Jan 2023
Use of a company van and a fuel card will be provided, including for the commute to and from work.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
23 Jan 2023
27 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To be precise in practical surveying
- How to manage and process survey data on a computer
- To work both on-site and office-based locations
- To capture geospatial information
- To take, record and document appropriate geospatial measurements to the required specification
- To work with other professionals, clients, customers, and others to obtain and provide geospatial information
- To perform calculations and use geospatial data
- To keep surveying equipment clean and well maintained
- To learn the instrument coding and the procedure for taking observations
- To be precise in practical surveying and taking observations
- To learn how to download files from the instrument to office PC
- To develop basic survey skills e.g., traverse computation and levelling
- To develop skills in AutoCAD and other surveying software
- Working in different locations with the opportunity to gain further qualifications
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The successful candidate will work towards a Level 3 apprenticeship standard - Construction Support Technician
- Functional Skills Level 2 maths, English and ICT (where required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Become a fully qualified engineering surveyor and grow alongside the company, taking on more responsibility as your skills increase
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 4/Grade C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CHESHIRE COLLEGE SOUTH AND WEST
Construction support technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.