Manufacturing Apprentice CNC Setter/Operator KATMEX LIMITED
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest steel manufacturers in Teesside. With full training and support from assigned mentors, the successful apprentice will be involved in the production of high-quality steel components via the operation of CNC Machining Centres.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
29 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
With full training and support from assigned mentors, the production of high quality steel components via the operation of CNC Machining Centres, inclusive of:
- Setting and operating CNC machining centres to perform tasks such as drilling, tapping, milling, boring, etc.
- Following part setup sheets, engineering drawings, and clear working instructions
- Using overhead cranes and lifting equipment to safely load steel parts onto machines and move them within the working area
- Safely using hand tools and grinders to aid the production of steel components
- Competently using CNC cutting tools, such as milling cutters, drills, taps etc.
- Completing daily pre-operation and TPM check sheets
- Applying full adherence to all Health & Safety good working practices ensuring all staff within the vicinity of the operating environment are safe and free from risk of hazards / injury
- Supporting first off checks and performing in batch checks as required, via the competent use of technical measuring equipment
- Ensure full adherence to 5S (Sort, Set In Order, Shine, Standardise, Sustain) practices at all times.
- Consistently promote high standards through personal example
- Identify opportunities for business improvements within the organisation
- Any ad-hoc duties as required from time to time by the Production Supervisor or other members of the management team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Apprenticeship Standard
- Maths and English Functional Skills if required - if not required, maths and English upskill will still be provided but you do not need to sit an exam
- Preparation for End Point Assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of permanent employment and going on to complete further qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 / C and above) Desired
About the employer
EAST DURHAM COLLEGE
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.