Insurance Practitioner Apprentice COEUS INSURANCE MANAGEMENT LTD
This is a fantastic opportunity to enter the insurance sector, with full support provided in order to achieve professional qualification(s) such as the Certificate in Insurance with the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII) to enhance career progression within our organisation beyond completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
26 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will assist with the profitable handling and growth of existing and new client accounts on Commercial and Corporate Risks, either on a direct basis or supporting the Account Executives in all activities related to the placement and administration of a portfolio of clients to ensure best practice is achieved to retain existing clients whilst pro-actively working to win new accounts and grow revenue.
The successful candidate will receive full in-house insurance specific training provided by specialist Insurance Trainers.
- Achieve a thorough understanding of the insurance basics, Insurance principles and Insurance Broking market
- Liaise with client executives regarding placement strategy for policies existing renewals and assist with the annual renewal administration and general insurance queries
- Participate in new business initiatives & tenders
- Request and review underwriting information
- Support the preparation and submission of accurate market presentations in consultation with the Account Executives
- Support in the analysis of quotes and work with insurers to negotiate cover and premiums
- Assist with the preparation of client reports for renewal, and specific projects as required
- Act as direct point of contact within service team for day-to-day client insurance queries on certain accounts
- Act as support and alternative point of contact to Account Executives who manage the client relationship
- Administer mid-term changes to risk
- Strive to deliver best practice, market-leading service and solutions for all clients
- Develop strong working relations with carriers and or underwriters to create innovative approaches to unique client needs and provide cohesive client service
- Support the claims process from notification right through to completion
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards:
- Insurance Practitioner Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Certificate in Insurance (CII)
The programme will consist of the following:
- Learning and development programme that includes the CertCII (typically IF1, IF2 & IF10)
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Fortnightly workshops for each IF exam from our CII approved trainer
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full support with career progression and further Insurance specific qualification being obtained. We expect the individual to complete the ‘Certificate in Insurance’ within the first 15 months of employment, with further training, support and qualifications to develop with the business to be offered after completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6-8 (A-B)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 2 or more subjects (Grade Pass) Essential
About the employer
SKILLS EDGE TRAINING LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.