Ford Masters Light Commercial Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Apprenticeship Haynes Bros. Ltd.
You will be working alongside qualified technicians where you will be trained in all aspects of the maintenance and repair of commercial vehicles, from routine servicing to electrical fault diagnostics.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
22 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An exciting opportunity for the Apprentices to be trained using the latest diagnostic equipment to provide them with the relevant skills to react to the ever changing technological developments within the car industry. Day to day tasks will always vary but will normally include:
- Vehicle Maintenance.
- Observing and assisting technicians.
- Commercial Vehicle technicians will be expected to see whether components and systems are secure and working properly.
The Commercial Vehicle Technicians jobs fall into three categories:
- Servicing – working to manufacturer servicing guidelines to ensure vehicle running at optimum performance.
- Maintenance – replacing parts that have wear and tear before they fail.
- Repair – diagnosing the reason for vehicle failure and fixing the problem.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Receive Level 3 Light Vehicle Qualification
- Will attend Henry Ford Academy on block release
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full time career within the automotive industry with many opportunities to progress to positions of authority including a Master Technician.
- The opportunities are endless.
- By having a highly regarded set of skills, Apprentices can go on to develop their career within specific interests they may have, whether it be progressing through the dealership or working on large military vehicles in the Armed Forces.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.