Level 3 Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Sir Thomas Wharton Academy
An exciting opportunity has arisen at Sir Thomas Wharton Academy for an exceptional Apprentice Teaching Assistant to work with and learn from an experienced and highly motivated team of professionals. Sir Thomas Wharton is part of the Maltby Learning Trust which was established in 2014 and now has a number of Academies and Primary Academies.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
As staff work Term Time only the pay will be on a Rota basis, this will be discussed at interview.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
21 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To establish good relationships with students, acting as a role model and responding appropriately to individual needs.
- To work with the teacher to establish an appropriate learning environment.
- To prepare the classroom as directed for lessons, and clear afterwards, and assist with the display of students’ work.
- To support the movement of students with disabilities around the Academy site.
- To participate in the handling of students with disabilities.
- To support students consistently whilst recognising and responding to their individual needs.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- How pupils learn & develop, how to use technology to support learning & own role
- How to work with teachers to support assessments, Knowledge of curriculum
- How to keep children safe in education, safeguarding & health and safety
- How to develop strategies to support & encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
- Communication & teamwork, and how to solve problems & motivate pupils
- How to build relationships, and add value to education
- Professional standards in teaching & education
- The Apprentice will gain Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Apprenticeship all training will take place on site in the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As well as ensuring full competency as a Teaching Assistant, this standard provides a foundation for potential progression into a number of career paths in the Educational sector including Higher Level Teaching Assistant, Assistant Teacher and Teacher.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math's & English (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
INDEPENDENT TRAINING AND EDUCATION CONSULTANTS LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.