A Lean Manufacturing Operative will be expected to carry out their work safely and meet the exacting quality standards demanded in a fast paced and efficient processing environment and develop into a multi-skilled operator through process ownership.
Closing date: 15 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
22 Dec 2022
27 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answering telephone / email enquiries as well as customer interaction in our Shop
- Identifying correct parts for replacement (often using a chassis number for an exact match)
- Using order forms / dealer PO forms to raise invoice(s) and take payments (also raise credit notes and refunds when required)
- Picking/packing of customer ordered items
- Liaising with couriers to ensure a swift collection/delivery from time of order to arrival with customer
- Often required to help with manufacturing for items we take orders for
- General upkeep / tidiness of department / workspace
- Other ad-hoc responsibilities may be required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Training will be provided by City of Wolverhampton College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time position available on completion of apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade (Grade C/4)) Desired
About the employer
CITY OF WOLVERHAMPTON COLLEGE
07917 063 503
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.