This full-time position is well suited to an individual that is looking to advance in a dental career and gain direct experience in a thriving and supportive workplace. In practice you will work closely with the dentist, assisting in surgery, as well as having sterilisation, decontamination and clinical duties and possible reception cover.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
16 Oct 2022
13 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties to include:
- Preparing surgery/materials/instruments for each patient
- Following decontamination/sterilising protocols
- Safe disposal of clinical waste
- Processing/assisting with dental radiographs
- Updating medical histories
- Following all practice policies and procedures
- Obeying all dental ethical guidelines including all rules on confidentiality
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard lasting 24 months which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional skills in English and maths (if required)
- End Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full Dental Nurse qualification with registration with the GDC.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DENTRAIN PROFESSIONALS LTD
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.