We are looking to recruit complex needs support workers to provide personalised and person-centred care to individuals with complex support and health needs in line with agreed Care Plans and Parchment Trust’s policies and procedures
Closing date: today
Opportunities for career progression within the organisation. It's essential candidates have a driving license, to support and assist our clients with day to day appointments and traveling to and from the different work sites.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
13 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Under supervision your day-to-day tasks are listed below:
- Provide personalised and person-centred care to individuals with complex support and health needs in line with agreed Care Plans and Parchment Trust’s policies and procedures
- Provide all aspects of personal care, maintaining privacy and respecting dignity at all times
- Support the health needs of individuals; this could include medication, gastronomy feeds, oxygen, suction and managing seizure activity
- Support individuals to attend health related appointments where appropriate; these could include hydrotherapy, physiotherapy and dentistry etc.
- To enhance and enrich the lives of individuals through their community-based service in line with their wishes and interests, providing choices, planning and facilitating leisure activities and promoting autonomy wherever possible, in line with Parchment Trust’s ethos, ethics and values
- To understand and put into practice multi-agency guidelines on Safeguarding Adults at risk
- To maintain health and safety at work standards
- To organise and maintain record systems of the individual’s activities and progress. This will involve handwritten and electronic records
- To liaise effectively with other health care professionals re: appointments etc.
- To develop and maintain effective, professional working relationships with parents and carers, colleagues and managers
- To collect and return home the service user to his/her permanent or temporary place of residence, as appropriate
- To manage the expenses allocated in a responsible manner and to provide receipts of all expenditure monthly, including the management of fuel expenditure
- Every twelve months, to organise a review of the service, as per the organisation’s published review schedule
- To participate in staff training and meetings where appropriate, some of which may be twilight sessions
- To maintain any vehicle allocated to you in a clean condition and to carry out basic maintenance such as refuelling, checking oil, tyre pressure and battery. To be responsible for delivering any vehicle allocated to you to the designated garage for servicing, M.O.T. and repairs and collecting and returning any substitute vehicle
- To provide cover for other schemes if required and to take on reasonable additional responsibilities, as required by the organisation. Due to the nature of the role, flexible working hours may be required in some instances, to facilitate particular activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship has been designed to support the development of competences and skills to provide high quality compassionate care and support. A number of topics have been designed to map across to/from the Skills for Care ‘Care Certificate’, a mandatory requirement for anyone working in the sector.
- East Sussex College will provide the apprenticeship standard which will include the Level 2 Diploma in Care. and Functional Skills if required
- East Sussex College will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
- Parchment Trust Mandatory Training Courses
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- This apprenticeship provides an ideal entry into the occupation and supports progression within the sector and higher level learning
- Opportunities for career progression within the organisation is encouraged
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
EAST SUSSEX COLLEGE GROUP
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.