A chance to remote work at Aurora. Who is looking for an enthusiastic, customer focused individual to join our team. At Aurora, we understand that every business is unique, with its own requirements, people, and plans.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
12 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We offer personalised, real-time insurance quotations, the ability to compare insurance providers and transfer risk in a uniquely tailor-made way. Plus, our customers benefit from analytics and data driven education and advice. We’re innovating to provide compelling and competitive insurance products, as well as trust and peace of mind.
As an Underwriting Apprentice, you will work towards your Certificate in Insurance (Cert CII) receiving training and coaching from our training provider, Babington. You will be interacting with Aurora customers, and our selected broking partners as part of a diverse team in a fast-paced environment. You will develop the skills and capabilities needed to assess risks and obtain authority to make decisions independently.
Your days will be varied with a mixture of, telephone and written communication (e-mail and Live Chat), you will also support in identifying any process improvements or tasks that can be automated.
Duties to include:
- Study towards Cert Cii
- Answering customer and broker phone calls, live chats and e-mails
- Assess information provided by our customers and brokers to establish the risk profile and refer your thoughts to the relevant team member
- Build relationships with the Aurora team and any external stakeholders where required
- Identify any improvements that would make our customer and broker journey better
- Share feedback with the Aurora team from Brokers and Customers
- Help build and maintain FAQ’s both for the ChatBot and the Website
- Work within and seek to widen your Underwriting licence and authority to make proactive decisions
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Insurance Practitioner standard:
- Level 3 CII Certificate in Insurance
This standard aligns with the following professional recognition:
- Professional membership of the Chartered Insurance Institute for 3
- Professional membership of the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters for 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role is an entry level role into the Insurance industry, at the end of the apprenticeship we would expect individuals to become an Underwriter and there will be an opportunity to progress becoming an Insurance Expert, gaining your Diploma in Insurance which can also be supported by an apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.