Pityme Inn have an exciting opportunity for an apprentice Commis Chef to join their team. As an apprentice Commis Chef you will learn to make food from produce sourced from the best suppliers Cornwall has to offer, to create delicious food for our customers.
Closing date: 27 Feb 2023
£7.50 per hour
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
03 Apr 2023
12 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice Commis Chef at the Pityme Inn your working week will look like:
- Preparing food
- Batch cooking
- Portion control
- Contributing towards breakfast, lunch and dinner service
- Hygiene control, monitoring and recording
- Cleaning duties
- Working with the kitchen team and wider team
- Involvement with developing recipes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve a Level 2 Commis Chef qualification
- You will attend Cornwall College St Austell once a week during term times
- Apprentices without English and Maths will need to pass this before end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Apprentices could progress to Level 3 Chef de Partie Apprenticeship
- Potential for a permeant role with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.