International Freight Logistics Apprentice Unsworth (UK) Ltd
We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and career minded individual to join our team as an International Freight Logistics Apprentice! The successful candidate will learn all aspects of Freight Forwarding working towards a recognised level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2022
Staff Loyalty Schemes including: Health Care Plan, Enhanced holiday scheme, Cycle to work scheme, Weekly yoga, Mentoring scheme, Going the extra miles awards, Gym discounts, Experience days discounts.
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
12 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to lift off your career whilst gaining a nationally recognised qualification? We have a fantastic opportunity for a motivated and career minded individual to join our team as an International Freight Logistics Apprentice! This opportunity would be perfect for a college leaver or anyone looking to transport their career in an industry with a bright undying future.
A freight forwarder organises shipments for individuals or corporations to get goods from the manufacturer or producer to a market, customer or final destination. Forwarders work with multiple carriers to move goods from one country to another.
We’ll train you on everything you need to know to be successful in your role. Your training will start with an 18 month apprenticeship programme in International Freight Forwarding, supported by a comprehensive training programme on the job to give you the foundations for a successful long term career.
As your training within the company progresses, you will become responsible for:
- Taking client’s bookings and dealing with customer enquiries relating to orders.
- Assisting in arranging transportation of goods by sea, air and road and recommending best method of transport.
- Providing an excellent customer experience at all times.
- Processing essential shipping documentation required by customers and suppliers.
- Updating and maintaining accurate shipping information in our Freight software programmes.
- Keeping clients updated on transportation of goods timelines.
- Assisting with Customs Clearance procedures and documentation.
- Preparing and following up quotations with clients.
- Supporting colleagues with other duties as required.
- Develop an understanding of customs rules, regulations and terms of trade.
- Develop an appreciation of international cultures, different time zones and their effect on transit times.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
International Freight Forwarding Level 3 qualification.
On the job training delivered by the employer.
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop.
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of your apprenticeship there will be a genuine opportunity for you to become a highly valued member of the team, with a potential for further career progression within the Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent in any subject (3 A Level passes required) (Grade Pass) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Seetec Outsource Training and Skills
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.