Lowedges Junior Academy School - Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
The role of a Teaching Assistant is to provide support for pupils, encourage pupils to become more independent learners, and provide support for their emotional, social, and physical welfare.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
15 Oct 2022
12 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supervising class activities
- Assisting with young people’s learning experience
- Helping students who might need extra support
- Learning classroom based skills and behaviour techniques
- Planning sessions and think about learning objectives
- Working alongside the teacher to support classroom activities
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Increased mastery of the critical stages of child and adolescent development
- Enhance understanding of the types of influences that can affect this development
- Become fully adept in supporting teachers with the planning of activities, as well as creating own activity plans
- Evaluation of personal performance in relation to supporting literacy, numeracy, and ICT if required
- Amplify knowledge of safeguarding and emergency procedures
- Understand legislation with regard to confidentiality, data protection, and information sharing
- Functional skills if needed
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full time employment for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)