Dixons Allerton Academy - Library, Information & Archive Assistant Apprenticeship INSPIRE ATA LIMITED
A great opportunity to gain a Level 3 qualification in Library, information and archive services. A specialist support role focusing on all areas of technology, including preparation and maintenance of resources and support to staff and pupils.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 33
Possible start date
15 Oct 2022
12 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Major Duties and Responsibilities incude:
- To ensure that mechanical and electrical machinery and appliances are regularly serviced to a high standard with records of such maintenance and servicing logged.
- To ensure that tools and other equipment are kept in a good working order.
- To prepare materials and equipment for lessons.
- To place orders for materials and equipment and to be familiar with appropriate cost effective suppliers.
- To maintain records of orders and ensure all are accounted for.
- To monitor stock levels and replace as appropriate.
- Where possible to carry out minor repairs to machinery, tools and equipment, including despatch to outside repairers, and to organise repairs within the department.
- To carry printing and photocopying support within the department.
- To support and inform, staff and students in relation to design materials and processes in the manufacture of project work.
- To support teaching in lessons within any of the subject specialisms.
- To bring to the attention of the Head of Department any issues relating to Health and Safety, including issues relating to defects in accommodation. Report and monitor these with site staff.
- To undertake such training as required to maintain up to date skills.
- To ensure all department rooms comply to Health and Safety specification.
- To write and maintain risk assessments and associated
Health and Safety documentation.
- Maintain digital displays in the department.
- Liaise with IT support to maintain PCs in the department rooms.
Produce and/or adapt worksheets and resources.
- To carry out any other appropriate tasks which may be required to maintain the efficient organisation and administration of the department.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Library, Information and Archive Services (LIAS) Assistant Level 3
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidate there may be an opportunity of a full-time position following successful completion of apprenticeship program - subject to business conditions at the time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or Level 2 equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
LET ME PLAY LIMITED
Library, information and archive services assistant
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.