A fantastic opportunity to work with an ambitious and forward-thinking organisation. You will have the opportunity to learn endless amounts about the property industry and progress your career over the course of the programme and beyond
Closing date: 16 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 41
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
12 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This role is designed to support the sales team, working directly with the senior sales negotiators reporting to the sales manager.
The applicant would be required to work Saturdays but would have Wednesday's off during the week.
The main functions will be the following, although are not definitive:
- To register applicants onto the database
- To manage the data base to ensure action items are addressed
- To book viewings via both telephone and email enquiries
- Obtaining regular feedback from viewings
- Conduct property viewings
- Prospecting - by speaking to viewers who still need to sell about our product and services
- Prospecting - by occasionally dropping door to door leaflets in specific areas, in roads where we
have recently sold, and also to properties that have been on the market with other agents, or
withdrawn from the market
- Various administrative tasks to support the sales team, including sending templated emails via
our database, filing and shredding
- Front office -to meet and greet potential clients who come into the office and register their
details on the system for sale or let. Print and hand out brochures to applicants visiting the office
- Take part in the morning sales meetings and diary management for the day
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and use of company systems on the pc and paper
forms including any requirements for money laundering and GDPR
- The successful candidate must hold a full UK driving licence (or working towards) and have access to their own vehicle, due to the nature of the role
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Junior Estate Agent Apprenticeship Standard
off the job learning required and evidenced in a log provided
End-Point Assessment conducted by an external provider.
The end-point assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully competent in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level.
Delivery of the programme will be remote via Teams.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be an opportunity to stay on full-time following the completion of the apprenticeship programme.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
CROWN VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Junior estate agent
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.