Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship DEBORAH Y PARSONS
You will take part in the day-to-day responsibility for the care, well-being, monitoring of the group, helping to keep up to date records and writing observations as necessary. An extremely friendly team, working different shifts each week.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
09 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To contribute to maintaining effective health, safety and child protection procedures
- Prepare snacks/drinks
- Monitoring at lunch times
- Helping feed children at lunch time
- Cleaning after children throughout the day
- Help to plan daily activities to suit the children
- Help getting children ready to go outdoors or trips
- To provide high standards of childcare and education, to include the monitoring and implementation of children’s development, including providing a safe, caring environment to enable the emotional, social and educational development of children, through individual attention and group activities
- Help with a high standard of personal care including, dressing, feeding and washing children
- To help provide a safe, interesting and stimulating environment
- Good communication skills required as you will be part of a team and will have to speak with parents
- To undertake and commit to training towards the achievement of the Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Changing nappies
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard:
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner qualification
You will attend weekly, off the job training sessions at the Oldham College.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is excellent potential to progress to the Early Years Educator apprenticeship on completion of your apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
DEBORAH Y PARSONS
THE OLDHAM COLLEGE
0161 785 4072
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.