Are you looking for a new challenge where you can earn while you learn? Do you want to be part of an incredible team working towards a common goal, providing excellent service to our customers? At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
09 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
At Howdens we operate an ‘in stock’ business through all our depots. Our Warehouse Person is responsible for effective stock maintenance, compliance with strict health and safety regulations and high standards of customer service.
- Deal with customers in a courteous, professional, and knowledgeable way.
- Maintain general housekeeping duties within the warehouse including stock rotation, cleanliness, tidiness and compliance with Health & Safety guidelines.
- Carry out security and compliance checks on all incoming stock and outgoing orders while adhering to stock management guidelines to ensure accuracy.
- Carry out daily checks on the forklift truck and other mechanical equipment and report all defects to the Depot Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Level 2 - Intermediate Apprenticeship.
- Training provided by in house Learning & Development Team
- Support from external training provider.
- 15-month programme including minimum 12-month learning period plus end point assessment.
- Apprentices without Level 1 English and maths will need to achieve this level and take the test for Level 2 English and maths prior to taking the end-point assessment and completing the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
If successful, gain full-time employment
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
HOWDEN JOINERY LIMITED
STAFF SELECT LTD
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.