Are you looking to train in childcare? Friendly, local nursery in Fareham is looking for a Nursery Apprentice to join their team.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
09 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a nursery apprentice, you will contribute to a high-quality caring environment for children.
- Creating warm, friendly, and stimulating atmosphere in which the children can develop emotionally, socially, and educationally
- Under supervision you will provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing, and feeding
- Acting as key worker to a small group of children and recording observations and planning for them
- Assisting with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Completing work to desired timeframe for Showcase Training tutor
Safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- Being aware of the nurseries policies and procedures and ensure they are adhered to
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- NCFE/CACHE Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- Functional Skills: English and Maths at level 1 minimum (unless exempt)
- End point assessment
Training completed via work-based visits at the nursery and 3.5-hour study time provided for coursework.
If the chosen candidate has a valid L2 Childcare qualification or sufficient experience in childcare, the L3 Standard will be offered on an 18-month basis, including Paediatric First Aid.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position and additional training.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 or C and above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Early Years (Grade Pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
SHOWCASE TRAINING LTD
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.