Early Years Apprentice THE OLD CO-OPERATIVE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone looking to start a career in Early Years, you will involved with all different aspects of working in a nursery.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
09 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assisting staff to ensure children’s individual needs are met and care routines are carried out. Such as nappy changing, washing hands, cleaning faces, supporting with potty and toilet training.
- Taking part in fun, engaging activities, to enhance & support children’s development.
- Interacting positively with children, parents, visitors and other staff members.
- Supporting with ideas for activities & planning.
- Creating displays.
- Carrying out domestic duties to ensure the smooth running of the nursery.
- Meeting and greeting of children and parents.
- Assisting children at mealtimes.
- Help to provide children with stimulating activities that relate to their interests and which promote development.
- Preparing crafts and activities and helping to create a warm, safe and positive environment.
- To work with experienced staff using them as a positive role models.
- Ensuring children are within a safe, caring environment following the safeguarding policy and procedures.
- Keeping accurate records in line with nursery policies (with support & supervision).
- To attend regular classes once a month in our hub in Nottingham City Centre for support with your written work.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner.
To attend regular classes once a month in our hub in Nottingham City Centre for support with your written work.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression onto the level 3 Early Years.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
THE OLD CO-OPERATIVE DAY NURSERY LIMITED
FUTURES ADVICE, SKILLS AND EMPLOYMENT LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.