Apprentice Early Years Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship (Borough Road Nursery) The Federation of Darlington Nursery Schools
The Federation of Darlington Nursery Schools are looking to appoint an enthusiastic Early Years Educator apprentice to join our inspirational team. Your key role will be to provide support to the Early Years Practitioners and Teachers. The aim of this post is to train and develop the post-holder to become an Early Years Educator Level 3.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
09 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, & intellectual care for children placed in the setting
- Uphold impeccable levels of hygiene &support to other personnel
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children
- Support all staff &engage in a good staff team
- To be flexible within working practices
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children & young people in the workplace, ensuring organisation policies & procedures are observed
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Training will be provided to achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 3 Early Years Educators Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 3 Award in Paediatric First Aid. (RQF) or Level 3 Award in Emergency Paediatric First Aid (RQF)
- Functional Skills in maths and English (as required)
Training will take place periodically at our training centre (DL1 5AJ). Here you will learn the theory and practical elements of the course, gaining the knowledge and developing skills to complete the apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible progression on to further training or into full time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4+ (C+)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.