Horticultural Apprentice MADE WELL COMMUNITY INTEREST COMPANY
Made-Well are looking to recruit a Horticultural Apprentice to join their team. As an apprentice at Made-Well you will work alongside colleagues and clients maintaining the gardens within the site.
Closing date: 09 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
17 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice at Made-Well you will get to help out in the gardens, working alongside colleagues and clients to maintain the site, as well as get involved with the following duties:
- Garden maintenance
- Grass cutting and strimming
- Working in the poly tunnels
- Willow weaving
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will achieve a Level 2 Horticultural qualification
- You will be required to attend Bicton College for block release training
During your apprenticeship you will be required to achieve:
- Emergency first aid: Level 3 award in emergency first aid at work
- Pesticides: Level 2 Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance OR Level 2 Award in the Safe Use of Pesticides
Apprentices without level 2 English and maths must achieve level 1 and take the test for level 2 before taking the end-point assessment.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential to progress to the Level 3 Horticultural Operative Apprenticeship
- Potential to progress with the company
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Horticulture or landscape construction operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.