Domestic Window and Door Installer Apprentice FIRST HOME IMPROVEMENTS (ENGLAND) LIMITED
We are looking to provide a pathway for someone who wishes to develop new skills under the guidance of experienced industry professionals, which will allow them to gain real world skills and experience, with the aim of becoming competent and able to maximise their future earnings once fully trained.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2022
• Free life cover of £50,000 • Salary review at 9 months depending on individuals’ performance • Opportunity to purchase additional annual leave • Enrolment to company pension with company 3% contribution)
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
21 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work toward the Fenestration Installer Level 2
- Measure up where new glazed units will go
- Remove old windows, doors, and panels, using hand and power tools
- Fix new windows, doors, and glazed panels into place
- Readjust surrounding timber or brickwork to make sure fittings are secure
- Seal fitted units to make them weatherproof
- Add trims or special finishes
- Clear away leftover building materials
- Issue a work completion certificate to the property owner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Fenestration Installer Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard
- Training under the guidance of an experienced self-employed window and door installer on site
- Training overseen locally by a designated experienced Installation Manager
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, British Values and Equality & Diversity is embedded throughout the course
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Guaranteed work as a self-employed installer of windows and doors with First Home Improvements (England) Limited with potentially £30-£40k earnings. Supply of an installation van and fuel card for work
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.