Apprentice Nursery Assistant ST JOSEPH'S SCHOOL NOTTINGHAM TRUST
At St Joseph’s we offer a Nursery education full of wonder and excitement and with so much to see and do, the children soon develop a love of learning about the world around them.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
24 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children.
- To record children’s learning and development journeys, and to then communicate these with parents, carers and other key adults.
- To be actively engage in great team working.
- To liaise with and support parents, carers and other family members.
- To participate in the high-quality care and supervision of all children.
- To attend activities that are out of working hours (e.g. staff meetings, training, and events etc.)
- To be flexible and to be prepared to help where needed (including domestic jobs e.g. preparing meals, and cleaning toys etc.)
- To follow the ethos of the nursery, creating a warm and friendly environment.
- To work alongside the Nursery Manager & and staff team.
- To ensure that EYFS is promoted efficiently and that its policies are followed correctly.
- To ensure great customer service.
- To help with the smooth running of the Nursery.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role as deemed appropriate by the Nursery Manager.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early years practitioner Level 2
Childcare Level 2, delivered via monthly Tutor led workshops (a combination of face to face and live, virtual 3 – 2 sessions) self-led study and blending learning and development activities, all, within the workplace.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As with any apprenticeship opportunity – if you prove yourself to be a valuable member of the team there is a strong chance of a permanent post within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ST JOSEPH'S SCHOOL NOTTINGHAM TRUST
CT SKILLS LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.