Academy Salon situated in surrey are looking for an apprentice in their Weybridge salon to assist in the general day to day running of the salon. The chosen apprentice will gain first-hand experience in an award-winning salon. Full training will be provided by our hair professionals.
Closing date: 15 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 36
Possible start date
20 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As an apprentice, you will be working with our fully trained professionals, assisiting them in our busy salon.
Duties can include:
- Meeting and greeting customers
- To shampoo client's hair, wash off colour, apply toners and treatments
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc
- Reception duties and book customer appointments
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
- Ensuring every client is happy, comfortable and informed throughout their visit
- Drying and styling hair, mixing and applying dyes and colourants, and perming and relaxing different types of hair
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The chosen apprentice will be working towards:
- Level 2 Standard Hair Professional
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English if required
- Hair professional
The day release will take place at MIT Skills and within employer premises where the apprentice will have to attend one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing the apprenticeship, the expected career progression is a Level 3 Advanced and creative hair professional apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)