Sludge TEK Ltd is a long established, successful specialist rental company based in Andover. Designing, manufacturing, and installing purpose made separation equipment to utility, manufacturing and processing companies throughout the UK. We are currently recruiting an apprentice fabricator/welder/fitter to join the company.
Closing date: 17 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is a rewarding role offering long term career development and prospects. The successful candidate will be organised, diligent and able to confidently work under pressure. Exceptional communication skills are vital.
An interest in working in a mechanical engineering environment is essential; welding, cutting, and fitting will be required as part of the part of the apprenticeship. You will join our apprenticeship programme, working alongside and supervised by time served tradesmen where you will study and learn while you are working as an apprentice. We are looking for someone with great hand-eye coordination, and an ability to follow engineering instructions accurately in a variety of engineering disciplines.
As an apprentice fabricator/welder/fitter, your daily duties will be based on learning the following:
- Machining of components
- Stock control of consumables
- Technical drawing of assemblies
- Dismantling, cleaning and inspecting of assemblies
- Assembly work - assembly fitting
Further learning will be required which may include in-house or external training such as Forklift/IPAF/Overhead Crane Training etc.
- Be a highly motivated individual with initiative, self-confidence, with the drive and ability to work under their own direction or within a team of professionals, as although a mentor is provided, apprentices are expected to be self-motivated where appropriate
- Punctual and Reliable and able to focus on the requirements of the role
- Demonstrate the ability to work calmly under pressure and to agreed deadlines
- To have a positive “can do” attitude and approach to work
- Ability to prioritise work and manage the required workload
- Good communication skills
- Good attention to detail
- Able to follow clearly given instructions
- Will need to liaise and interact with a wide range of people including with other team colleagues, other trades people and occasionally with clients, so good communication skills are an essential, as are being professional in outlook and behaviour.
- An eagerness to learn and ask questions.
- Ability to reflect on own personal performance and learn from all experiences and as a result learn when you can use your own initiative.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will attend Sparsholt on a day release basis starting in October.
- L3 Advanced Metal Fabrication Standard.
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of apprenticeship you may be offered permanent position within the company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C) or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
Other Driving Licence (Grade Full) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.