An excellent opportunity to learn manufacturing fundamentals in a fast-paced manufacturing environment. After an initial learning period you would move into a specialism based on an assessment of your skillsets and the prevailing business needs; this may be quality assurance, production engineering or logistics.
Closing date: 05 Oct 2022
£5.50 per hour £187.00 weekly wage
Total hours per week: 34.0
Possible start date
06 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working in the production department you will be trained in the manufacture of high quality cable assemblies
- This will involve using cutting machines, tinning stations, crimping machines, hand tools and other general machinery
- You will be trained to read drawings and follow work schedules
- Training will be given in soldering and crimping processes
- Our operatives are trained to IPC standard which is widely recognised in our Industry
- Applicants will be instructed in Workshop Health and safety procedures and requirements
Apprentices will be assigned to a team leader.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Engineering Operative standard:
- Level 2 Diploma in engineering operations (skills)
- Level 2 Certificate or Diploma in engineering operations (knowledge)
- One day at DCG and the rest of the week at the work place
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentially any of the following: - QA Supervisor, Production Supervisor, Technical Sales Advisor, Stores Supervisor.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Design and Technology (Grade 3/D) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.