The Victoria Bar and Kitchen are looking to recruit a commis chef apprentice to work in there amazing rotisserie. This apprenticeship will allow you to learn, develop and gain new skills with an amazing, experienced team.
Closing date: 08 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
10 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Maintain high standards of both kitchen and personal hygiene, including adhering to the latest hygiene and food regulations.
- Preparation of ingredients under supervision of more senior member of staff.
- Measure dish ingredients and portion sizes correctly.
- Deal with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Work on a section, under supervision, during service.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be completing the level 2 Commis Chef apprenticeship which will include one day per week at Newcastle College campus.
Day to be confirmed.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Good long term future prospects.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent GCSE or Functional Skills level 1 Maths (Grade 3/D) Essential
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.