EPIC Admin Apprentice Assistant DISCOVERY SCHOOLS ACADEMIES TRUST LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to join EPIC, a Psychology and Well being Service who support children across all the DSAT schools. You will work as an administrator dealing with a range of tasks to support the smooth running of this important service.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will provide confidential, effective, efficient and flexible administrative support to EPIC services with minimal supervision.
- Produce a range of documents from a variety of sources, using various software packages (e.g. MS office packages).
- Responds to correspondences from both standardised and non-standardised information – e.g. acknowledgements, requests for information.
- File documentations, after familiarisation with filing systems, in accordance with file location.
- Opens, sort and distribute incoming post and ensures despatch of outgoing post.
- Answers standard enquires by telephone or in person from range of stakeholders, giving and resolving non-complex queries within areas of responsibility.
- Operation of office equipment – e.g. telephone system, shredder, and photocopier.
- Maintains stationery stock including paper and toners for all printers.
- Input information into database and/or spreadsheets, extract information as directed.
- Assist the EPIC Administrator in the organisation of key events and training provided by EPIC Services
- Offer support in providing and organise refreshments for meetings.
- Be prepared to undertake professional development and training
- Provide information to the senior management team, education team and the wider community as required.
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms, following consultation with the Recognised Trade Unions.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The responsibilities of the role are to support and engage with different parts of the organisation and interact with internal or external customers. With a focus on adding value, the role of business administrator contributes to the efficiency of an organisation.
You will receive a blended method of learning including coach visits and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
Level 3 Business Administration Standard
Level 2 Functional Skills Maths
Level 2 Functional Skills English
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Schools within Discovery Schools Trust have a close family atmosphere and hardworking teams dedicated to meeting children’s needs. This position offers individuals the:
- Guarantee of working in a fast paced and exciting environment
- Chance to develop skills and knowledge in a growing organisation
- Opportunity to take on more challenging responsibilities
- Option of flexible working patterns
- Potential for career development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DISCOVERY SCHOOLS ACADEMIES TRUST LTD
TRAIN TOGETHER LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.