We’re now inviting applications for 2 new apprenticeship roles within our finance team. We have an established scheme that allows you to gain a level 2 qualification whilst gaining on the job experience to spring board your career in finance.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
01 Nov 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This role will undertake the following, with training and full support:
- Basic data entry into the Trust financial software
- Raising purchase orders and sales invoices on behalf of the Trust
- Inputting and balancing credit card expenditure
- Other associated day to day operations in relation to both the sales & purchase ledgers such as routine debt collection
- Basic cover for the Finance Assistant in bank reconciliation
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An Accounts or finance assistant is an integral part of the team responsible for maintaining an efficient and accurate finance function within a business.
The Accounts or finance assistant is responsible for assisting the team of accountants with simple accounting duties. It takes approximately 15 months to complete the apprenticeship and you will receive a blended method of learning including Tutor Coach visits, remote learning and attending workshops, working towards achieving nationally recognised qualifications in:
- Level 2 Accounts / Finance Assistant Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths
- Level 2 Functional Skills English
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Schools within Discovery Schools Trust have a close family atmosphere and hardworking teams dedicated to meeting children’s needs.
This position offers individuals the:
- Opportunity to shape the future of the financial support schools receive within the Trust
- Guarantee of working in a fast paced and exciting environment
- Chance to develop skills and knowledge in a growing organisation
- Opportunity to take on more challenging responsibilities
- Option of flexible working patterns
- Potential for career development within the trust
- Support for additional financial qualifications. For the right candidate there will be support through AAT level 3 and 4
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
DISCOVERY SCHOOLS ACADEMIES TRUST LTD
TRAIN TOGETHER LIMITED
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.