Working alongside the Directors, Customer Advisers & IT Technicians you will be the face of Hometech Centre, greeting customers, getting to know them and building relationships. You will make customers feel welcome and at ease when in our store. You will provide advice and information to customers in a professional and confident manner.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2022
£4.81 – £8 per hour depending on experience
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
31 Oct 2022
08 Sep 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Serve customers in a polite, prompt and friendly manner
- Handling money and taking payments
- Offer technical assistance and answer customer queries (training provided)
- Answer the phone in a prompt and professional manner, taking messages and passing them onto the correct people accordingly
- Booking in jobs, obtaining necessary information from customers, maintaining Syncro database, ensuring fields are completed correctly, customer details are obtained correctly
- Opening tickets and assigning them to the relevant technician, creating invoices and chasing progress on jobs
- Completing stock takes on a daily/weekly basis and reporting variances in stock levels
- Checking in deliveries and ensuring Purchase Orders are finished correctly
- Re-packaging leads and adapters as and when required
- Ensuring price labels are up to date and displayed correctly
- Cashing up, opening and closing the tills at the beginning and end of each session
- Spotting sales potential and selling Internet Security and upgrades
- Assisting IT Technicians and Directors with admin duties as and when required
- Checking email and slack messages, responding when necessary, in a prompt manner
- Becoming Hometech Centre’s Social media champion, managing Facebook page, adding blog posts to website, updating Instagram and Twitter feeds daily
- Adhering to company GDPR and Privacy & IT Policies
- Working towards gaining a full understanding of Syncro and the way we operate the business
- Updating spreadsheets and carrying out various projects
- Ordering stock and adhoc items from suppliers
- Keep shop area clean and tidy, ensuring counters and shelves are cleaned on a daily basis, hoovering and mopping the floors as required
- Ensuring stock is well presented at all times
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner Apprenticeship, to include:
- Level 2 Diploma for Customer Service Practitioner
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (as required)
- Personal, Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
May lead to permanent position upon successful completion of apprenticeship with opportunity for further professional development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
About the employer
ESSEX COUNTY COUNCIL
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.