Apprentice Receptionist/Administrator Evelyn Medical Centre
Evelyn Medical Centre are looking for an administration apprentice to join their busy practice. You will work closely with a team of experienced professionals to provide an excellent administration and front of house service for all patients and visitors.
Closing date: 14 Feb 2023
£9,004.32 to £17,784.00
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.0
Possible start date
20 Feb 2023
07 Sep 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To provide a friendly, helpful and efficient reception service.
- To receive and book patient appointments in a timely and accurate manner using the computerised system. Handling general enquiries and explaining surgery procedures.
- Answer telephone enquiries noting all queries and requests for visits on the clinical system.
- Extracting and filing patient notes as required. Also, the scanning and filing of correspondence relating to patients.
- Taking repeat prescription requests and relaying any queries to the doctor/pharmacist/dispensary team as appropriate.
- To provide a typing service using a word processor and dictation from the doctors.
- To provide a range of administrative tasks within the general office.
- To sort and file prescriptions.
- To maintain good working relationships with all staff attached to the surgery and ensure all communications reach the right person.
- To keep the working environment clean and tidy and liaise with other reception staff to ensure a seamless handover.
- To maintain confidentiality and appropriate security of the building at all times.
- To be prepared to open up and close the building as required.
- To cover for other members of staff for annual holidays or sick leave.
- To be flexible and prepared to start at 8am and work late evening’s until at least 6.30pm.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Qualification: L3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard.
- Knowledge Test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project Improvement Presentation
College attendance: Day release. The Sheffield College, Granville Road, Sheffield, S2 2RL.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Further training and development to support the requirements for the role.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
About the employer
SHEFFIELD COLLEGE, THE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.